Mar 23, 2011

'Lust Red' Look

'Lust Red' Look

I seem to be loving smoky looks lately...what gives? LOL! I blame Saadeh from BeautySpot for her coaxing. This look incorporates some of my new haul items : ) that I will be sharing later today. I think I have found my new signature smoky eye products - Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadows - #2 and #13 work so well for smoky looks.


Eyes:
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Groundwork Paintpot (satin taupe) all over my lid up to my browbone as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the lid and slightly into the crease I applied Giogio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow in #02 Lust Red (black infused with red). MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
In the crease I used matte dark brown eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteSigma Medium Angled Shading - E70 Brush
On the browbone area for blending and for highlight I used matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteSigma Medium Angled Shading - E70 Brush
For my lower lashline I used MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Designer Purple (purple w/ fuchsia sparkles).
BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Adventurous Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Yash Lipstick (matte nude) topped with MAC Naked Space Lipglass (shimmery nude).

Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC44 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Bite Of An Apple Blush (matte coral-red) for my cheeks - Sephora Professionnel Contour Blush/Bronzer Brush #43 and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.




6 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful, you look great with this makeup... Wonderful job... Kisses from Brazil! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I'm happy to inspire u to be smokey ;) every single one of ur looks is inspiring to me. Oh, and thanks for the enabling the GA e/s, NOT :D Now I want them!

    I also really likey ur top (what i can see of it). Is it part of ur Chicago haulage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... I WANT lust red something AWFUL right now. And I had just about given up on yash, since the tone looks wrong with my strong yellow undertones (I wear revealing over it... which defeats the whole purpose), but I'll have to pull out my naked space and give it a go... looks like the perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering, what is on your nails?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I read all your posts (and watched all your youtube videos) and I have never commented until now. I really do look up to you and that's a feeling I haven't felt in a while. As a kid i used to always look up to the older girls and go: "i can't wait to be that age." I tend to feel that a lot when looking at your blog. You're so sophisticated,educated, and beautiful! I'm 21 (also west indian) and i graduate college this december, after i graduate, i'm going to be moving to NY, getting a glimpse into the life you live makes me so excited. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Merielen Sabaini! I love Brazil!

    Yes u do Ms. Saadeh! U enabler. LOL. Thanks lovely. The top was a recent grab from JC Penny after Chicago.

    Thanks Miss Brian girl. Lust Red is fab. I passed on it and went right back a day later. LOL. Awwww Yash isn't bad. LOL. try it out and let me know if Naked Space helps.

    Hey blazeno. It's Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet.

    Thanks so so much Aubree! That is just the sweetest thing to say. I am feeling warm and fuzzy inside :) Rock on girl! All the best with ur move too. It should be great fun! And congrats on your degree my luv! Muah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>