Jan 5, 2011

MAC Peacocky Collection HAUL and THOUGHTS...

M·A·C Peacocky Collection HAUL and THOUGHTS...

So if you guys remember this is a collection that I was really looking forward to. Plus it's my birthday month and the blog's birthday month to boot! Yippee! I originally thought I would get all the eyeshadows but I ended up getting 9 of the 15 and 4 of the lipcolors. I have to check out the rest of the collection tomorrow since these were bought online sight unseen.


We fetishize the exotic peacock as a symbol of extreme beauty, raging against everything simplistic. New Kissable Lipcolour combines full flash with creamy comfort. Mega Metal Shadow gleams like chrome - yet is creamy, crease-resistant, with vitamin-fortified flexibility. Dramatic doesn't begin to begin to describe the girl who knows she's Peacocky.

**********

Now if you are like me, when you think Peacock, you think bright metallic shades of blue, purple, green, orange and gold. Might I say that I don't think this collection lived up to the full potential of the peacock at all. I'm a tropical girl so I have been around many peacocks in my day (wow that can soooooo be taken the wrong way...LOL) and the colors in the collection seem a bit too tame to do the peacock justice! i just think there was much more potential for greatness here.


But anywho...after all that I have to say the collection is still FABULOUS! The collection is limited to just eyeshadows and lipcolors but it features two all new formulae for our treat.

The Mega Metal Eyeshadow is a creamy and soft with a metallic frost finish. Many may have flashbacks of the limited edition Starflash Eyeshadows from previous MAC collections. These are similar to Starflash but without the fallout and with much better color payoff. The eyeshadows are smooth and silky and are a dream to work with....and don't forget you can use them dry AND wet. The lighter shades I got were very sheer in color while the darker hues were rich and pigmented. Of course I swatched the lighter ones first and was a bit dismayed until I swatched the darker colors and BAM...I fell over my feet in LOVE! Serious pigmentation and so creamy to apply....beware though that they can feel dry and powdery when swatched with fingers...but in application and with a brush it like....like...like 'butta'.

Of course, my only gripe are the actual colors....I was expecting a bit more in my face bright shades but I guess I can't expect too much if they are meant to be metallic as well. The lighter shades are not bad either but they are just on the sheerer side and are definitely more toned down (for neutral lovers).

The price may deter some of you but bear in mind that the sizes are also more than twice that of the regular eyeshadow for just $5 more. But this also means that you will have to love a color to really get the most use out of such a huge eyeshadow. They are the same size as the Tartan Tale Eyeshadows and Cream Color Bases (although they hold a bit more product). Btw....I think these will make the most dazzling colorful smoky eyes ever!

The Kissable Lipcolors are also a new formula and are compared to liquid lipsticks. They come in the same tube as the MAC Dare To Wear Lipglasses from last year and hold about the same amount of product as a lipglass. And yes the price is also $3.50 more. Still a better deal than a Dazzleglass or a Cremesheen Glass but something to think about.

The finish of the lipcolors is extremely creamy and not noticeably sticky. There is good pigmentation but I wouldn't say these are highly pigmented. For me a liquid lipstick has to live up to the name of Chanel Dragon and these don't measure up. I would prefer to say these are creamy, pigmented lipglosses. You can definitely get great color payoff hereby layering but I don't want pretend and say these are just like liquid lipsticks. For the price you may just want to grab these if you feel you can't live without the color....which you may actually find a 'to-die-for' color in the mix.


**********

My Haul



Mega Metal Eyeshadow 3.4 g US$19.50
A colour-rich, light-reflecting gleam combined with a creamy application that invites blending, layering, shaping, while remaining crease-resistant. A brilliant choice for all those seeking the ultimate metallic finish.

Peek-at-You - Frosted yellow white 
Top of the Posh - Frosted white pink 
Tweet Me - Gold bronze 
Odalisque - Deep teal 
Paparazz-She - Deep copper bronze 
Dandizette - Navy with silver pearl 
Spectacle of Yourself - Deep bronze 
Centre Stage - Frosted chocolate brown 
Unflappable - Frosted black with purple pearl 


Kissable Lipcolor 5 g / 0.17 US oz US$18.00
Luscious in pay-off and application, Kissable Lipcolour applies with the smooth glide of a lip gloss, then finishes with the creamy pigment-rich look of a Lipstick. New Slimline vial complete with doe-foot applicator.

Vanity Fair - Midtone blue pink 
Peacocky - Sky blue with red pearl 
Woo Me - Light pinky nude 
Super - Muted neutral brown 




**********

Pictures and Swatches

Mega Metal Eyeshadows

Peek-at-You - Frosted yellow white 

Top of the Posh - Frosted white pink 

Tweet Me - Gold bronze 

Odalisque - Deep teal 


Paparazz-She - Deep copper bronze 

Dandizette - Navy with silver pearl 

Spectacle of Yourself - Deep bronze 


Centre Stage - Frosted chocolate brown 

Unflappable - Frosted black with purple pearl 


 Peek-at-You, Tweet Me, Top of the Posh
Very sheer colors but shimmery and nice for neutral lovers.

 Paparazz-She, Spectacle of Yourself, Centre Stage
Oh heavens yes! Paparazz-She is just divine and the star in the collection for me - GET IT! The bronze/brown shades are great for smoky looks.

Dandizette, OdalisqueUnflappable
Another star is Odalisque which I think everyone will try to grab. Dandizette is a great silvery dark blue again perfect for smoky looks. Unflappable is nice but not a must-have for everyone.


Kissable Lipcolors

 Vanity Fair - Midtone blue pink 
Peacocky - Sky blue with red pearl 
Woo Me - Light pinky nude 
Super - Muted neutral brown


 Vanity Fair - Midtone blue pink 


 Peacocky - Sky blue with red pearl 
I had to get the blue duh! Where am I going in it? IDK! : )


 Woo Me - Light pinky nude 


 Super - Muted neutral brown
Great nude lip!


  Vanity Fair, Peacocky, Woo Me, Super



9 comments:

  1. Wow Thanks for the swatches Tina you helped me make up my mind about some of the colors I was considering in which now I will pass on. Would you say that Vanity Fair looks like English Accents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you bought Peacocky ... I felt kind of silly after someone pointed out that I bought a color I truly have no reason to wear! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the swatches Tina. I ordered Spectacle of Yourself, Prance and Unflappable yesterday online so they should be here soon. I'm so excited! I think I'm gonna get Dalliance and Paparaz-She at the store later too + Woo Me l/s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review...just in time too, visiting the MAC store today for some Peacocky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your swatches! I am heading to MAC on my lunch break! I'm sure to return to work with some goodies!!!

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nickie. u r very welcome. I'm glad they helped. Vanity Fair is not close to English Accents at all. English Accents is a more muted pink while Vanity Fair is a brighter more barbie pink.

    LOL. I agree Amy hon! We just have to OWN it...not necessarily wear it. I'm thinking of mixing it with other colors. We'll see.

    U r welcome Saadeh. I think Prance and Dalliance will be along the sheer side as the other lighter shades. Let me know what u think when u try them.

    Hahahaaa blazeno. Get it girl!

    Thanks Patrice. Have fun today!

    U r welcome Donna. Let me know what u get hon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're the bomb for being on your A GAME with posting these collections so fast. Thank you! Is that orange needed if you already have oranges though lol? I have Firespot from who knows what collection of yore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving Paparazz-she and Spectacle of yourself. I think I'm gonna head back for more lippies. Preciate your thoughts and swatches....oh how I love swatches, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>