Jul 25, 2010

'Color Explosion' Look

'Color Explosion' Look

This look it exactly as it reads - an explosion of color. I went overboard and included as many colors as I could grab. Thankfully i didn't turn out too bad but it is definitely not for the faint of heart or color-phobes.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tear-duct area I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For the middle of the lid I applied Inglot #58 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant green).
On the outer lid I applied Inglot #388 Eyeshadow (matte purple).
Then on the outer crease I applied Inglot #70 Eyeshadow (matte vivid blue).
Next on the inner crease I applies MAC Chrome Yellow Eyeshadow (matte bright yellow).
To define the outer V I used MUFE #26 Pure Pigment (matte black).
I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude) for blending.
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
On the lower lashline I used MUFE #7 Aqua Cream Color (shimmery hot pink), next to Inglot #388 Eyeshadow (matte purple) on the outer lashline.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes and added MAC #7 false lashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Lust Lipglass.

 
Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Prep and Prime Skin. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MAC Moisturecover Concealer in NW35 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre for my cheeks.


17 comments:

  1. U are so amazing at pulling off bold shades. I really wish I could pull off all the bolds at the same time. With my skintone it would look overwhelming.

    Keep rocking it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, love the shirt too! Wehre did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shadow Lady- I'm sure if you did this look or a similar one, it wouldn't be as bad as you think. Go for it! Step outside the box! You can do it.

    @ Tina- yup, this is DEFINITELY an explosion/ overload of color but fierce and HAUTE nonetheless....go on wid yo bad self girl! Rock it!

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah i agree with shadowy lady. if i even attempted that look it would be a big big disaster but you pulled it off. i need to learn some of your tricks lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome look (per usual)! I was wondering, how do you determine what blushes to wear with your looks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWWWWWW! Now this look is the BOMBBBBBB! i love it. i love how the nude lip makes the eye stand out even more. Not to mention, it matches your cute shirt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you match w/ your outfits. :O) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just amazing! You make me wish I was young again :)

    mac-uponmymind.blogspot.com
    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing... love the colors and the lip gloss/stick is beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx Saadeh! I just felt like going crazy with these colors. I was in a colorful frame of mind. :) I agree with Shades that you could totally pull off a bright look if you tried it. I think a bright green with blue would look great on you.

    Thx Anonymous. I honestly have no clue where I got this shirt. I was searching for one like this for a while and grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

    Thx Olivia! I agree that Shadowy lady would look great in some bright colors. I just went so crazy with these colors. I would leave the yellow out next time tho.

    Hahahaha @ KayKay. You never know until you try right? I say go for it...if you don't like it, it washes off. :) My trick is I just grab everything and throw on my face. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx favorisntfair. I really don't have rhyme or reason to slecting my blushes. LOL. But what I do is pick up a blush and hold it up against my face to see how it looks with the eyeshadow. If it clashes then I avoid it and if it looks good together I go for it. I also am more likely to use shimmery blushes with matte looks and matte bluches with shimmery looks. I use matte for night looks because I don't need lights shining off my fac.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx so much Santana! Nude lips are a must for blod looks like this one for sure.

    Thx 1xellus1. You know I love to match.

    Thanx Tee. Some ppl call me Tee from time to time too :)

    Thx Copycat. I actually love the new lip too. I forgot about that ipglass for a while.
    Thanks so much rmcandlelight. LOL! I have to go bright while I'm still in my twenties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The look is absolutely gorgeous...must try soon!! Question: What kind of camera do you use? Your colors always look so freakin vivid in pictures!

    Thanks,

    Jackee

    jackeetmmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tina, would love to see a tutorial for this one. Looooveee it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. plllleeeeeease do a tutorial on this Tina!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>