Feb 19, 2010

'Subtle Velvet' Look

'Subtle Velvet' Look

You asked for it! LOL! Time to change it up a bit. This look is very subdued...a simple neutral with a pop of color as requested. This would be a simple look for work, school, a date...or just for a newbie to makeup.

I used a subtle pop of green on my outer lid and in my crease for this look. But any color can be used in place of green...try it out with blues, purples, pinks, etc. Or even use a darker brown for a really neutral look.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my lid up to the brow bone. Then I applied MAC MAC Layin Low Paintpot as a base all over my lid up to my brow bone.
 
COLOR:
On the entire lid I applied Smashbox Halo Almond Eyeshadow (light neutral color).
On the crease and browbone I applied Smashbox Halo Bisque Eyeshadow (medium neutral color).
Next I used MAC Velvet Moss Eyeshadow (matte moss green) on the outer lid and outer crease area.
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne)

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline and waterline with black gel eyeliner and applied Bourjois Noir Emeraude Eyeliner on the lower lashline.

Face:

LIPS:
On the lips I have MAC Melt in Your Mouth Cremesheen Glass. 

FINISH:
I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC45 with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC45 under my eyes. I set with MAC Loose Blot Powder in Dark. For blush I used MAC Blush Ombre in Springshine.

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. Do you use a particular blending brush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx hon. I use the MAC 217 for blending out my crease. This is the best brush I have found for this purpose. It almost ensures a great blend! HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow your liner skills are perfect! This is really beautiful look. I wish I could recreate it, but I am challenged in the blending department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's an amped up neutral;) but i love it and i love love love your colorful ones, they are light-hearted and fun, they are i-refuse-to-take-life-too-seriously and relaxing, they are i'm-comfortable-being-me. ty

    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>